The Ultimate Guide to Choosing The Best Motorcycle Helmet
Whether you are a pro or simply a beginner in riding motorcycles. Safety comes first. It is astonishing to think of the number of lives that are lost on the roads every year. Most of them would be alive if only they used a helmet. Statistics indicate that helmets help in reducing fatalities by 37 % of accidents involving motorcycles. Additionally, statistics show that helmets mitigate head related injuries by 69%. Just ponder on the effect it would make a year if riders would use helmets. Saving even one life, matters a lot.
Guide to Choosing The Best Motorcycle Helmet - #Motorcycle #Helmet
Honestly, even if you are an experienced rider or just a novice you can agree with me that when you are on the road, you are prone to get into an accident. It is riskier for a motorcyclist than for a motor vehicle driver on the road. Some of the factors that play a significant role in the case of accidents are issues of stability, occupant protection and also visibility on the road. And so, the important thing is not just getting a helmet, but getting the best motorcycle helmet that is on the market. However, getting one out there, and looking for the best motorcycle helmet is not a walk in the park.
MY TOP PICKS FOR THE BEST Motorcycle Helmet
It is a daunting task. You may need to consider a few things before rushing to the store. Luckily for you; this will not be your case. In a moment I will guide you through the process of getting the best motorcycle helmet.
The 1Storm Motorcycle Street Bike helmet has dual screens that are flip-ups and is a full face helmet that is coveted by riders all over. Largely because it has excellent features that many riders fantasize about. It has therefore earned its place as the best motorcycle helmet in its category.
With a variety of colors and sizes to choose from it has carved its niche as one of the best helmets since coming to the market in March 2015. However, the helmet is more suitable for street riders.
What makes it an ideal helmet is its oval shape that suits many people. Another notable point is the flip up visor which can easily be converted to an open face or a full face helmet.
- Flip up visor : The helmet incorporates the advanced modular flip up screen design allowing the user to open it up or cover the full face. It is loved by riders who desire to feel the wind as they ride but can cover the face when there is dirt or debris.
- Aerodynamic shell : The shell is made with a suitable material; a Thermoplastic alloy. It is a good choice because it is light and offers protection in case of high impact.
- Protective coat : The helmet is covered with an ultraviolet layer, it helps to reduce the heat from the sun and protects the eyes.
- Comfortability : The lining pads that offer comfort on the inside when wearing the helmet are removable and moreover can be washed.
- Safety ratings : It is safe to use because the helmet is DOT approved making it safe to use. Retention system. The helmet has a chin strap that aids in keeping it secure when riding.
Things I liked about In 1Storm Motorcycle Street Bike Flip up Dual Visor Full Face Helmet
- The oval shape makes it suitable and fitting to many people. It is also very comfortable and protective.
- Comfortability is further enhanced by keeping off water getting in the helmet when it rains.
- The price is also fair considering the high quality of the helmet.
- The quality of the material used to construct the helmet makes it durable.
- The flip-up modular visor design makes it easy to operate.
- Chin strap is comfortable and is easy to use.
Things I didn't liked about the 1Storm Motorcycle Street Bike Flip up Dual Visor Full Face Helmet
- The modular visor needs more tint to prevent the sun's rays.
- The sizes of the helmets are smaller than recommended ones.
- The crisp finish easily fades way.
I would highly recommend the 1 Storm Motorcycle helmet because of its classy and glossy looks for one. Another thing is that the padding fits well. Many riders can attest that it is wonderful to use on both low and high speeds.
The safety of the helmet is good, and though it is light in weight the material used is strong enough to withstand impact. Whether you are an experienced rider or a novice the helmet offers great features putting a lot of emphasis on safety measures that one can't ignore. It is easy to put on and using the flip up visor makes it a favorite of many.
The LS2 stream offers a great value with a full face crash helmet with an integral visor. The looks of the helmet are a wonder and have carved its name in the best motorcycle helmet list on the street.
The helmet is made from a company in China and the material used is polycarbonate. It is designed to be worn by most riders. The price is relatively high compared to other helmets, but it makes up with great features.
- Aerodynamic shell : The helmet has an aerodynamic shell that is lightweight and is constructed with HPTT composite material. It is designed to cut through the wind to increase comfortability and reducing fatigue of the user.
- Twin shield system : It has a built in twin shield that helps to control the amount of light and protect the eyes from the sun. It also incorporates a switch that is easy to control and contributes to retract the flip cover in an instant. And, it is scratch resistant.
- Removable lining pads : The fabric lining in the helmet can be fully removed and is washable. The pads are bacteria and odor resistant.
- Safety rating : The helmet has been tested and approved and has ECE and DOT certifications. You can rest assured that the helmet is capable of protecting you in the case of an accident.
- Retention system : It has a quick release mechanism plus a metal security plate that helps in reinforcing the helmet.
Things I liked about In LS2 Stream Solid Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
- It has the easiest quick release mechanism; tool-less.
- The face shield is scratch resistant; the visor has a class A in 3D optics. Also, it encompasses a quick pin lock.
- The helmet is also fog resistant unlike most of the helmets in the market.
- The ventilation is easy to open and close.
- The washable chin pads are removable and washable.
Things I didn't liked about the LS2 Stream Solid Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
- The visor obscures sight after opening because it does not open all the way up
- The sun visor is not able to completely close and leaves a small gap at the bottom.
- The helmet sizes are smaller than standard fits.
Despite the few flip sides of the helmet, it is a worthy it. The helmet is compact and the material used can offer protection in case of a direct impact accident. The helmet has incredible features and is a favorite to experienced and new riders. I would recommend it to anyone.
4. ILM Open Face Motorcycle Helmet Skid Lid Skull Cap Half
The ILM open face helmet is the best motorcycle helmet on the market in its category. It comes with great features that keep it above the competitors in the same category.
This helmet comes from ILM Motors, and it is a pocket-friendly. It comes with a beautiful design that is low profile and is black in color. It is loved by riders who would like a classy helmet that is not very flashy. The helmet is suitable for Choppers, and Cruiser Motorcycle Helmet. Let us look at the features already.
- Design : The helmet has a sleek design, and the shell is made of ABS that is high- strength composite material. It has a classic and stylish appearance that is appealing for skull cap helmet.
- Safety ratings : It is approved and has DOT and FMVSS N218 certifications. You are adequately protected.
- Retention system : The helmet has quick release system mechanism fitted with a chin strap that enables a rider to put it on and off quickly.
- Comfortability : The helmet has breathable fabric lining that is comfortable. Additionally, the material used for the lining is moisture wick.
Things I liked about In ILM Open Face Motorcycle Helmet Skid Lid Skull Cap Half Helmet DOT
- Has brim that gives it a unique design which is appealing compared to other half helmets in the market.
- The retention strap feature ensures that the helmet well fastened for protection.
- It is compact enough to guarantee protection from injury.
Things I didn't liked about the ILM Open Face Motorcycle Helmet Skid Lid Skull Cap Half Helmet DOT
- It is advisable to buy a larger helmet size because they are a bit small.
- The chin strap material is likely to break because it is plastic.
In the open face category, the helmet is the best motorcycle helmet, and the features make it ideal for riders. Comparing the price with the features and the quality of the helmet makes it worth.
The LS2 helmet is a modular full face helmet. The helmet comes with a twin shield system and protects the eyes from the sun's rays.
The helmet design is made in Spain by the LS2 helmets company. It is one of the top brands for motorcycle riders. It is unique and is worthy to be considered as the best motorcycle helmet in its category.
- Aerodynamic shell : The shell is designed with HTPP composite material that cuts the wind ensuring comfortability and less fatigue to the rider.
- Safety ratings : The helmet is approved and certified by DOT and ECE safety organizations. It also has a neck roll that protects and cushions the neck- not a standard feature.
- Comfortability : The lining fabric is moisture-wick, and pads are removable and washable.
- Modular visor : The modular visor helmet has a built-in Twin shield system that operates by use of a single button. The guard ensures that the eyes are protected from the sun, and also it is easy to lift it up when entering dark tunnels.
- Ventilation system : The rider can fully control the flow of air coming in the helmet in a quick and easy way. The helmet can be adjusted to open vents at the top and the chin.
Things I liked about In LS2 Helmets Strobe Solid Modular Motorcycle Helmet with Sunshield
- The visor is scratch and fog resistant.
- The cheek pads are 3D laser cut to increase comfortability.
- It has chin straps that are reinforced to keep the helmet secure.
- It has a beautiful appeal, and the quality of the material is good.
Things I didn't liked about the LS2 Helmets Strobe Solid Modular Motorcycle Helmet with Sunshield
- Overall sizes of the helmets are smaller than the standard ones.
- The visor lets in a bit of fog in the helmet
- The liner gets loose in the chin area.
The helmet matches the price and has good qualities. The fact that it is built to withstand impact and is light weight makes it ideal for many riders. It is an excellent helmet for street riders with great features. To a person who wants to buy the best motorcycle helmet, then this is a must have.
The Yema helmet is a modular flip up black helmet with a smooth design. The unusual appearance comes with great features to ensure a rider rides in style.
The helmet was manufactured in 2015 by the Yema Helmet company, and it is suitable for ATV, Cruisers and street bike riders. The helmet is relatively cheap.
- Aerodynamic design : First, the shell is made with an ABS material that is light weight and is aerodynamically structured to minimize noise.
- Safety Ratings : It meets the safety requirements and is approved by the DOT.
- Comfortability : It is a good fit for many riders, and the helmet is light and durable.The helmet has lining pads that are easily removable and washable. The lining is also resistant to odors and is antibacterial.The lining and pads are aimed to provide protection and comfort.
- Modular visor : It has dual screens that are inbuilt and are quickly drawn down to shield from the sun.
- Ventilation system : The helmet incorporates an advanced air system that has adjustable vents.
Things I liked about In Yema Helmet YM-925 Dual Visor Modular Flip-up Motorcycle Helmet
- The visor is optically correct and very clear.
- The shell is a solid build, and you can rest assured that it protects well in case of an accident.
- The ventilation mechanism is easy to use
- The visor quickly goes way up in a smooth way.
Things I didn't liked about the Yema Helmet YM-925 Dual Visor Modular Flip-up Motorcycle Helmet
- The ventilation system does not eliminate all the fog inside the helmet.
- The finishing is wanting with the sharp-edged plastics.
- The switch mechanism 's hard to reach because it is concealed under the chin.
The dual visor is ultimately designed to cover the full face and is engineered to protect in all-weather conditions. When comparing the incredible features and the price of the helmet, you will discover it is worth the price. When considering safety, features and design the helmet is a good investment with incredible quality.
The Dot Flat helmet is a black skull cap or a half helmet that is engineered to protect but has comfort and style as the primary attributes.
The helmet is popular and appealing to many riders. It is important to note that it is advisable to use goggles when using the helmet. The retail price is cheap.
- Shell design : The shell is composed of polycarbonate material that is light in weight. The quality of the material ensures that it lasts long. Another thing is that it is not bulky like similar half helmets.
- Safety ratings : The helmet is safe to use and is DOT certified. The user is assured to provide ultimate protection upon impact, and moreover, the lining is impact absorbent. It also bears a nylon strap to hold and fasten it on the head.
- Comfortability : The helmet is thinly padded with the material able to absorb impacts. It a good fit for many riders because of its shape and design.
Things I liked about In DOT Flat Black Motorcycle Skull Cap Half Helmet
- The helmet is solid built to provide protection and reduce injury.
- It is comfortable and fits well.
- The chin strap is easily adjustable and holds well even under stressful conditions.
- It has an attractive black finish.
Things I didn't liked about the DOT Flat Black Motorcycle Skull Cap Half Helmet
- It has a mushroom effect- looks big when worn on the head.
- The helmet size has some variations compared to the regular standard sizes.
- The straps are a bit uneven.
The helmet helps improve the pleasant riding experience. It is designed with safety and security as the top requirements. The strap can be fixed easily.It is a good helmet if you plan to ride on a daily basis and you would not like to put a lot on excessive weight on the shoulders and to strain the neck.
The price is low compared to the quality and the features it offers. It is the best motorcycle helmet in the skull cap category. It is very popular with riders and would highly recommend it to anyone.
The Street bike helmet is an Indian helmet. It is an adult full face type of helmet. It is beautiful to look at and has crash and sight protection as the top requirement. The shell is made of thermoplastic material that is a good material for a helmet.
The helmet complements the modern day sports motorcycles and is familiar with street bike riders. The helmet came in the market in July 2010 and has stood the test of time. The beautiful helmet which has great features is relatively cheap.
- Aerodynamic design : The helmet is made with a thermoplastic alloy shell. It is customized to have a light weight but still presents a solid build.
- Safety ratings : It covers the whole head, and the pad linings help in protecting and reducing the impact from any force caused in an accident. And to offer protection and safety, the helmet has passed the DOT requirements.
- Comfortability : It is heavily padded for protection and comfort. The lining pads can be cleaned after removing them.
- Style : The helmet is well designed bearing in mind that safety precedes comfort. It is designed with a beautiful gloss coat finish that offers an Ultraviolet Protection. The interiors have an adequate lining to bring comfort and protection.
Things I liked about In Motorcycle Street Bike Indian Full Face Adult Helmet
- The high quality of the material makes it durable.
- The alloy material used makes it light in weight but an outside hard cover.
- It is appealing to the eyes, and the graphics make it the right choice for users.
- It is a great fit for many people.
Things I didn't liked about the Motorcycle Street Bike Indian Full Face Adult Helmet
- The color coat with time peels out.
- The tint is not able to protect the eyes effectively.
- Ventilation is not provided adequately.
It is the right choice for modern day riders who are looking for a helmet that has a fantastic finish and offering durability and protection. The helmet is a keeper if you intend to use it for many years and still enjoy great features. I would recommend it to experienced and novice riders.
The Wow Bike Helmet is a fancy helmet that comes with different colors that match the glossy finish. The design is stylish and is built to provide protection to the user.
The helmet came in the market in July 2010.It is ideal for street bike riders, but you can feel free to use it.
- Aerodynamic design : The unit is built using a Thermoplastic alloy shell which is essential in making it durable and light in weight. It has a gloss finish that is coated with UV protection layer.
- Safety ratings : The helmet is guaranteed to offer protection and is certified by DOT.
- Comfortability : This helmet is cushioned in the interior to protect but also ensures that all the sweat is absorbed. The other great feature is that the lining can be removed and washed keeping off the odors.
- Style : It comes with different kinds of black and the popular one is the matte black. It has great graphics that come in various designs that the user can choose from.
- Ventilation System : It consists provisions that allow the air in through air vents. It makes the rider get a cooling effect.
Things I liked about In WOW Motorcycle Street Bike Full Face Helmet Racing Star
- The helmet is one of the lightest and durable in its category.
- The aerodynamic design helps in breaking the wind when driving.
- UV protection helps protect the eyes from the sun-The lining pad is removable and washable.
- It is a great fit and very comfortable.
Things I didn't liked about the WOW Motorcycle Street Bike Full Face Helmet Racing Star
- The face shield is only helpful during the day.
- One needs to buy another shield for riding in the night.
- The face shield is very dark to people's liking
- The helmet lets in wind when driving at high speeds
It is a low-cost helmet with great qualities and offers safety and protection that is primary in buying any helmet. The helmet is worth purchasing and would recommend it for someone looking for a low cost, durable but a stylish helmet.
- Aerodynamic design : The shell is made of polycarbonate material that is light in weight. It is stylish and comes in a good fit.
- The flip up visor : The helmet is fog, and scratch resistant. Then the helmet is UV coated to give a protective shield against the sun.The Click release system is easy and fast providing a smooth mechanism of lifting the clear visor.
- Safety ratings : The helmet is safe to use and is approved by DOT.
- Comfortability : The helmet has contoured cheek pads that help to bring out a superb fit and comfortability. It has pocket provisions for integrating audio speakers.The chin strap is also padded to give a D-ring closure.The collar is also padded to help reduce wind and road noise.The antibacterial pads are also removable and washable.
- Ventilation system : The helmet is designed to give a fresh and comfortable experience by providing an adjustable vent air system.
Things I liked about In Bell Helmet Solid Adult Street Bike Racing Helmet
- It effectively removes wind and road noise
- Protects eyes from contaminants- dust and the wind.
- Well-built to protect against injury.
- Sizes of the helmets are a perfect fit.
- The appearance is appealing to the eyes.
Things I didn't liked about the Bell Helmet Solid Adult Street Bike Racing Helmet
- There's a big gap between the chin and the helmet chin creating a lot of airflow inside the helmet.
- The tinted shield is clear, and you have to purchase a dark tint separately.
It is a great helmet with fantastic features and no wonder it is a favorite of many riders. It is a solid helmet and would ultimately give you quality service. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
The Gloss black helmet is a full face helmet. The state of the art helmet comes with amazing features that comprise a streamlined design promising to woo customers. The price of the helmet is relatively low. It came into the market late in December 2010.
- Aerodynamic design : The shell is fiber reinforced, and the ABS thermal plastic composite material is suitable for the helmet. It has an EPS impact foam
- Safety rating : The helmet is safe to use and has been certified by DOT. The helmet is made with an EPS material that is impact absorbent.
- Retention System : There's a stainless steel strap that has dual D-rings that are operated with a button. It makes sure that the helmet stays in place.
- Comfortability : The interior lining is cushioned well to make the helmet very comfortable. The cheek pads are removable and are washable.
- Ventilation system : It has two air vents that are easy to use and ensures the rider is relaxed. The vents can also be adjusted to regulate the amount of air that is coming in the helmet.
- Flip up visor : The visor has extra smoke screen apart from the clear- for daylight and night riding.They are easy to fix, and the mechanism is easy to operate.
Things I liked about In Gloss Black Full Face Motorcycle Helmet DOT
- By using ABS on the shell makes it durable and adding strength.
- Streamline outfit makes it cut through the wind and minimizes road and wind noise
- The lining is sweat absorbent.
- Comes with two visors- clear and smoked.
- Helmet size is a great fit.
Things I didn't liked about the Gloss Black Full Face Motorcycle Helmet DOT
- The helmet has a chemical odor.
- The absorbing material is not efficient.
The helmet is worth every penny and should be on the list of the best motorcycle helmet when one is looking for a quality helmet.
The Outlaw T-70 is a Purple Butterfly Helmet is a half type helmet and has a glossy and an intricate graphical finish- purple butterfly graphics. It is quite breathtaking and has great features. It entered the market in 2013 and has carved a niche as the best motorcycle helmet in the market list.
- Design : The shell is made of polycarbonate material. It has a good appearance and has a glossy finish.
- Safety ratings : The helmet is DOT certified after meeting the organization's standard. The lining has an EPS material that helps absorb any impact.
- Flip –up visor : The visor is removable and can be snapped off if need be.
- Retention system : The helmet has a strap that has a double D-ring.
- Comfortability : It fits well and is very comfortable. The lining is soft and spongy ensuring it is comfortable. But the lining is not removable.
Things I liked about In Outlaw T 70 purple butterfly glossy motorcycle half helmet
- The price is right concerning the quality.
- It is a great fit
- Light in weight
- The detachable visor holds firm even in harsh conditions.
Things I didn't liked about the Outlaw T 70 purple butterfly glossy motorcycle half helmet
- The retention strap is too long.
- The helmet is girlish and would appeal to the feminine.
- The half helmet is worth the buy and is guaranteed to protect and give comfort.
- It is relatively cheap and matches the quality it has.
Six Things to consider when looking for a motorcycle helmet
With safety in mind, it is important to get to know some key features that are going to influence your purchase. Without further ado.
The whole concept of getting a helmet is to ensure that you stay protected. Well, there is some significant progress that has been done on this issue. One is that some factors are tested to ensure that the helmet is of good quality and meets standards. The criteria for getting a good helmet lie in ascertaining that it can withstand impacts, penetration, retention and also peripheral vision. Three organizations have the role of coming up with a system that indicates safety ratings.
They are U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe and Snell Memorial Foundation. So at the back of any helmet, there are a bunch of stickers that signify various certifications. So please steer away from helmets that don't have any certification labels. They can lead to your demise.
Well, the truth is that the size of your Modular Snowmobile Helmet matters with your head. You will be surprised by the multiple shapes and size that are in the world. Therefore, it is important to take your time and try out some helmets on your head. Knowing your hat size helps, especially if you are buying from an online store. But, if you don't know, please take a tape measure and measure the circumference of your head starting with the forehead.
And if you are trying one out, please ensure it perfectly fits and does not come off easily -it would be catastrophic if you purchase one that is oversized - it would be embarrassing to you and probably hilarious to others. A good tip is to test it is by rotating it on your head, and by turning it right and left- get a good feel about it.
A quality helmet should have a lining on the inside that has a pliable material. Also, the Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet should be devised in a way that it evenly distributes force from a direct impact in the event of an accident. A good helmet should blend in a good style, strength, and weight.
After getting the right size of the Dirt Bike Helmet, it is essential that it is comfortable on your head. Some top brands are more popular than others. Merely because they have taken time and put some substantial money to ensure that they give comfort to the end user.
Finally, when purchasing a helmet put it on and take a few minutes and make sure it is comfortable. The right choice should not put a lot of unnecessary pressure on your face, and it should not give you any painful experience while you are at it.
After choosing the best motorcycle helmet that has a good style and fit the remaining factor is the price. It may dawn on you that the price gap on helmets is quite high. So a good way of coming up with the price range will be determined by the features you would like to have on your helmet.
Also, the frequency and amount of time that you intend to use on the road is critical in determining the amount of money you can use. Allow me to elaborate; a daily rider would be interested in getting the best motorcycle helmet that offers great features than an occasional rider.
Style and type
If you have observed some riders, you would have noticed that there are different kinds of helmets. Some of them cover the entire face while some do not. So let us look at what are your options.
Full helmet : These type covers the face and offers an overall protection, protecting your whole head, protecting the eyes and also the face in case of an accident.
Open face or Three-quarter face helmet : It provides no face protection. It covers the head and is padded enough to protect against any impact around your head.
Half-helmet : Not so popular with motorcyclists and for it only protects the head and usually, contain a chin strap to help in retention. Because I would like you to have the best motorcycle helmet below are some of the 12 best helmets in the market.
Taking into considerations that there are some factors like safety and durability, when looking for the best motorcycle helmet it is good to note that price follows later. It does not necessarily mean that you go for the most expensive in the market. You may find that they are of low quality. There are dozens of helmets in the market, but that does not mean that they are good. Most of them are not certified but have fantastic graphics that lure unsuspecting riders to buy them but prove to have dire consequences.
A fact that I would like to emphasize is that the reason for buying a helmet is to protect from injuries. It is better to get a low profile helmet that is cheap like some we have covered here, than buying a flashy helmet that can break or crack after being subjected to a heavy impact. By following the above tips carefully of getting the best motorcycle helmet, you can be able to purchase a helmet and make an informed decision. I would urge you to go and buy from the 12 motorcycle helmets that are above, and you are guaranteed that you will not only enjoy it but you will be an envy of your friends.